More detailed instructions
- Move map to a small area interesting for you (a single crossing will work, generating a map of Poland will fail).
- Press the "rectangle" button, choose an area of interest.
- Wait - waiting several seconds is normal, currently no real progress info is displayed during download. Not even progress bar animation is shown when map is generated in your browser, it may take a bit.
- The generated map should appear below the map used for selecting. There is also a download button available below the generated map image.
- Use this map for something!
Even more info
Have fun with using OpenStreetMap data for interesting and/or useful purposes! Just remember that you must mention the source of data in a way visible to whoever will be using it. See this page for details, including cases where it is legally allowed to avoid giving a clear credit (but I encourage to do this in all cases).
If you want to map something (map missing objects, fix a mistake) and you are unsure how to start - visit openstreetmap.org, zoom in to an interesting area and press the "edit" button and follow instructions. You can contact the OpenStreetMap community using one of global or local channels listed at community.osm.be and ask for help.